JDB is a small charity in France started supporting the people of Aila effected Sundarban with the view to rebuild the villages in hard to reach areas.
– Educate non literate women to be able to function better in groups and family
– Sponsor school children up to Higher Secondary Level (class XII) to ensure education otherwise they would be drop out due to poor financial state in the family
– To support BPL families with house reconstruction after Aila and had not received any support from other sources
• 170 women have completed first level of education
• 12 sponsor students school performance have improvement greatly as they are able to take special coaching after school with the sponsor money
• 30 Ayela affected poor households are able to repair their badly damaged houses and also involve in better livelihood practices