The Organic agriculture project aims at developing and promoting agro-ecological farming activities through the use of natural fertilisers. This is necessary to secure the local environment, and especially the soil quality which is the basis for survival of the local people as most of them are farmers.
– Create and extend a demonstration farm where organic agriculture is practiced
– Training to local farmers on preparation of organic manure and organic farming
• JGVK has a three hectares demonstration farm. It aims at showing the organic agriculture techniques to the beneficiaries. It is also a training centre for organic farming (preparation of organic manure, pesticide).
• 500 farmers are now involved into this project, they cultivate about 10 hectares of organic vegetables.
• The farm produces 3750 kg of organic vegetables annually.
• 1200 small household compost pits developed.
• 500 farmers given new varieties of vegetable seeds.
• Crop diversification tried out and continued-sugarcane, yam, mushroom, tour, maize.